In a presidential communication released on Friday evening, President Bola Tinubu nominated Emem Usoro as a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) deputy governor.
Tinubu disclosed this through Ajuri Ngelale, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity.
Until her nomination, Usoro was an executive director of North Bank at the United Bank for Africa (UBA), one of Nigeria’s leading financial institutions led by the billionaire Tony Elumelu.
Search on Ojoojoo.com Nigeria’s First Search Engine …For More About This Post: Lagos Gov’t Seals Off Elumelu’s Heirs Holdings Office Over Structural Defects
Usoro was among the latest CBN nominations to the Nigerian Senate. Others nominated alongside her were Olayemi Michael Cardoso as CBN Governor; Muhammad Sani Abdullahi Dattijo, Philip Ikeazor and Bala M. Bello as deputy governors.
Emem Usoro. Image Source: UBA’s website.
Their appointments are subject to confirmation by the Senate. When confirmed, they would serve in their respective offices for five years each and could have their tenures extend for another five years by the president.
The presidential release partly read, “President Bola Tinubu has approved the nomination of Dr. Olayemi Michael Cardoso to serve as the new Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), for a term of five (5) years at the first instance, pending his confirmation by the Nigerian Senate.
“This directive is in conformity with Section 8 (1) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Act, 2007, which vests in the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the authority to appoint the Governor and Four (4) Deputy Governors for the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), subject to confirmation by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Search on Ojoojoo.com Nigeria’s First Search Engine …For More About This Post: Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia… 4 Prominent Bank Executives Who Might Be Affected by CBN’s New Tenure Policy
“Furthermore, President Bola Tinubu has approved the nomination of four new Deputy Governors of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), for a term of five (5) years at the first instance, pending their confirmation by the Nigerian Senate.”
Usoro boasts of more than 20 years of experience in the banking sector and has been variously awarded and recognised by UBA and many other private sector agencies.
She was featured in the UBA Group’s Superwoman 101, an initiative dedicated to highlighting accomplished leaders and employees of the bank, in 2019. At the time, she was the Regional Head, Lagos Bank 2.
The banker is an alumna of Lagos Business School and Harvard Business School. In her two-decade-long career, she has held many leading roles in credit and marketing, branch management, corporate and commercial banking, according to her LinkedIn profile.
The post CBN Deputy Gov Nominee Emem Usoro Is UBA’s ‘Superwoman’ appeared first on sourced from abijohn.com search engine.
<p>The post CBN Deputy Gov Nominee Emem Usoro Is UBA’s ‘Superwoman’ first appeared on SWP.NG.</p>
- Bloomberg rates Aliko Dangote richest man in Africa with $15.6bn
- Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC, Tinubu Campaign
- Asiwaju Tinubu writes Nigerians over Naira Scarcity
- SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES MAMORA ON 70TH BIRTHDAY
- Naira redesign: please remain calm, AbdulRazaq urges Kwarans
- New naira: Full text of Buhari’s nationwide address
- Gov AbdulRazaq has done so well, he is my personal candidate, says Etsu Tsaragi
- SANWO-OLU DEPLOYS AIRCRAFT FOR AERIAL MAPPING OF LAGOS
- 2023: Deputy Governor, Obasa Make Revelations About Tinubu
- For the Records!Gov Rufai broadcast on Naira Redesign
- Opinion!TECHNICAL AND SUBSTANTIVE JUSTICE: AN APPRAISAL OF THE SUPREME COURT DECISION IN APC V. BASHIR SHERIFF MACHINA & 2 ORS By. Henry Kelechukwu Eni-Otu, Esq.
- Opinion! The Thin Line Between Wike and Whiskey By Adeshina Oyetayo
- Easter: Lagos Speaker Congratulates Christians, Says Nigeria On Path To Greatness
- Opinion!CHIMAMANDA – NIGERIA’s POSITIVELY GROWING DEMOCRACY By Dele Alake
- Release Prof Gye-Wado,Kayode Ajulo begs Kidnappers