A beautiful 7-acre estate in Greenwich, Connecticut that was purchased by the late television and film legend Mary Tyler Moore with her husband Dr. S. Robert Levine in 2006 has hit the market. And the property has been listed with an asking price of $21.9 million, more than double what the couple paid for it.
But Levine told WSJ that it wasn’t profit or the real estate market that convinced him to sell, but instead his “massively difficult” parting of ways with the property is to help him move on from Moore’s death, which happened in 2017. “It’s Mary’s house,” he said. “If I’m going to step into my ‘what next?,’ I decided I have to step away from the house.”
The house itself is in the Georgian Colonial style, with more than 13,800 square feet of interior space, five bedrooms, and nine bathrooms. And the property’s official listing takes the somewhat unusual step of actually mentioning its late previous owner by name:
“A captivating retreat in the heart of Greenwich with a storied pedigree, this distinguished Georgian Colonial was home to the late Mary Tyler Moore. Following a meandering stream to Oakley Pond, the long, gated drive leads to the quietly secluded stone house on 7.37 acres of private, sweeping grounds landscaped by Janice Parker and buffered by 5 acres of conservation. Exquisitely expanded and renovated, the 13,825 sq ft floor plan designed by architect Stephen Wang features 2,000+ sq ft primary suite with dual baths, dressing rooms and generous closets.”
The property is also home to a separate one-bedroom guest apartment above a three-bay garage, and amenities include a sunny glass conservatory, a gym complete with jacuzzi, steam shower, and sauna, an elevator, and a 65-foot swimming pool.
You can see the late Mary Tyler Moore’s Greenwich estate in the video below:
Read more: Mary Tyler Moore’s Estate Seeks $22 Million For Connecticut Estate
- Bloomberg rates Aliko Dangote richest man in Africa with $15.6bn
- Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC, Tinubu Campaign
- Asiwaju Tinubu writes Nigerians over Naira Scarcity
- SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES MAMORA ON 70TH BIRTHDAY
- Naira redesign: please remain calm, AbdulRazaq urges Kwarans
- New naira: Full text of Buhari’s nationwide address
- Gov AbdulRazaq has done so well, he is my personal candidate, says Etsu Tsaragi
- SANWO-OLU DEPLOYS AIRCRAFT FOR AERIAL MAPPING OF LAGOS
- 2023: Deputy Governor, Obasa Make Revelations About Tinubu
- For the Records!Gov Rufai broadcast on Naira Redesign
- Opinion!TECHNICAL AND SUBSTANTIVE JUSTICE: AN APPRAISAL OF THE SUPREME COURT DECISION IN APC V. BASHIR SHERIFF MACHINA & 2 ORS By. Henry Kelechukwu Eni-Otu, Esq.
- Opinion! The Thin Line Between Wike and Whiskey By Adeshina Oyetayo
- Easter: Lagos Speaker Congratulates Christians, Says Nigeria On Path To Greatness
- Opinion!CHIMAMANDA – NIGERIA’s POSITIVELY GROWING DEMOCRACY By Dele Alake
- Release Prof Gye-Wado,Kayode Ajulo begs Kidnappers